For Roasting & Grinding:
- Cut the chicken, clean and wash it thoroughly using turmeric powder and salt and keep aside.
- Start by making the masala mentioned under” Roast and Grind”. Heat 1 tsp oil, add in the ingredients given for roasting and after a while add the chopped tomatoes and saute until the raw smell goes off. At last, add the grated coconut and roast it. Allow it to cool and make it to a fine paste by grinding it in a blender.
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in a kadai. Now add in 1-inch cinnamon piece, curry leaves, sliced onion and slit green chillies and saute for a while.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and toss it until the raw smell goes off. Now add the cleaned chicken pieces and gently toss it until the color of the chicken changes.
- Now add the coriander powder and chilly powder to the chicken and saute for a while. This step is completely optional and you can skip it. I need my salna to be extra spicy so I added these. You can adjust by increasing the coriander seeds and green chillies level in the ground masala too.
- Once the water oozes out from the chicken add the ground masala and the required salt. Cover the kadai and cook till the chicken is cooked well or you can cook in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
- Finally, garnish the gravy with curry leaves or coriander leaves and serve hot with Malabar Paratha, Chapati or Rice.
Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your time. If you can also put your comments or subscribe us below, it will be an excellent feedback for us. Please also consider sharing posts of PassionateMoms all it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you! You are awesome!