No dish is complete without salt. Next time when you use salt that comes in a beautiful cylindrical shaped box, save the salt box for this fun DIY project to make a pencil holder. The pineapple look adds some extra cuteness to the pencil holder. This can be a perfect craft to make with kids. If your little one has enough pens and pencils, this pineapple pencil holder is the best option to store and display them in a cute way. Let’s get started.
Detailed Video Tutorial:
- Salt Box or any cylindrical shaped containers (I used Mortin Saltbox)
- Felt Sheets – Yellow and Green color
- Brown Marker
- Googly eyes
- Glue Gun
- Box cutter knife
- Take a cylindrical shaped box and carefully cut the upper part of the box as shown in the video.
- Paste the felt sheet around the cylindrical box so that the whole box is covered by the felt sheet.
- Apply glue on the inner side of the box and paste the remaining sheets facing inwards and make sure the corners are covered.
- Now trace and cut the leaf shapes from green felt sheet and paste it into the box as shown in the video.
- Using a brown marker, draw slanting lines over the felt sheet to create the pineapple texture.
- Glue googly eyes, mouth and blush to the box forming a cute face to the pineapple.
- That’s it! Load your pencil holder with pens, markers, pencils and decorate your desk.
We would love to hear from you. If you have made any different DIY Pencil holders feel free to share with us. You can make this and show it off! Upload it on social media and tag us. @passionatemoms. We would feature the best ones on OUR platform for the world to see!