Vazhakkai varuval is one of the easy accompaniment to prepare in a jiffy.Whenever I feel overwhelmed with the household chores and find very less time for cooking then surely my option for lunch side dish is Plantain Roast recipe.The vazhakkai itself have some great taste and frying it enhances the recipe much more. This is spicy and crispy enough on outside and perfectly cooked on inside which makes a great option for any South Indian lunch menu.I know some doesn’t prefer to have vazhakkai due to its gastric effects but never avoid any veggies stating its negative effects.Anything consumed more, do create negative effects but having it under control and not often helps to gain the nutrients from the veggies.Coming back to the recipe, let’s get started with the ingredients and method on how to do it.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
Recipe Category: Lunch Accompaniments/Poriyal & Koottu Varieties
Vazhakkai – 1 (peeled and sliced )
Chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
Rice flour or corn flour -1/4 tbsp (optional)
Salt – to taste
- Peel the raw banana and slice it in the circular shape as shown in the picture.
- Marinate the pieces with the above-mentioned ingredients and keep aside for at least 20 mins to half an hour in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a kadai, deep fry the plantain pieces in a low flame to ensure the vazhakkai is cooked inside, crispy outside and drain it in the tissue paper.
- That’s It! Spicy & easy Vazhakkai Varuval is ready to be served with any lunch menu.
- Make the slices as much as thin for a crispier version.If you need it soft make the slices thicker.
- Always drain the fried items in tissue papers and not in the newspapers.Newspapers contain ammonia used in the printing ink which cannot be consumed.
Thanks for stopping by! For more recipe ideas click the below link.