There are some days I wish to snuggle upon and sleep some more time but the morning alarm never fails me to wake.Once I am awake the first thought that strikes me is OMG! it’s time and I need to cook. Yes, I can hear you thinking the same ladies.Mostly I use to plan the next day’s menu while going to bed.What if I forgot to plan and already awoke late? Yes, absolutely it’s a mess and that’s where this Instant Mor Kuzhambu recipe saves me.It just requires only 5 to 10 minutes to prepare except you have the curd(plain yogurt) already. The specialty about this recipe is we not going to add any coconut and that’s why it is very simple to make.However,will post the mor kuzhambu with coconut recipe very soon.
Before getting into the recipe I need to tell you the story of how I came to know this recipe.Actually, I learned this recipe from my Hubby who himself learned from one of his friends while staying with them as a bachelor.Rather than calling it as Mor Kuzhambu I would preferably call it as “Flavoured Curd” 😉 Yes, we gonna add some flavor to the curd with some simple ingredients. So let’s get started with the recipe and let me know how it came.
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
Serves: 2 to 3
Recipe Category: Kuzhambu/Gravy Recipes
Curd (Plain Yogurt) – 1 Cup
Ladies Finger (okra) – 5 or 6 count (chopped into small pieces) [Optional]
Mustard Seeds-1/4 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tbsp
Asafoetida – Generous Pinch
Onion – 1 small sliced
Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
Red Chillies – 2 or 3 sliced (adjust according to the spice level)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Salt – To taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the ladies finger pieces and saute until the raw smell goes off and keep aside.[Optional]
- In the same kadai,add the mustard seeds once it splutters add cumin seeds, fenugreek,curry leaves and chopped red chillies and saute for a min.
- Now add the sliced onion, asafoetida and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the ladies finger pieces and turmeric powder now to the onion and cook for a minute.
- Finally , keep the stove in very very low flame and add the plain yogurt(curd) to the kadai and add some water.
- Give it a nice stir to avoid curd forming lumps.Do not allow the curd to boil.Once all the ingredients have been mixed well with the curd switch off the flame and transfer it to a bowl.
- Instant Buttermilk curry/Mor Kuzhambu without coconut is ready to be served.The best accompaniment for this recipe would be potato fry.
- Adding okra without sauting in oil makes the curry more gooey (soft and sticky) and it is surely a disaster but it is an optional step.
- Curd should not be boiled for sure to avoid lumps formation.
Thanks for stopping by ! For more Gravy Recipes click the below link.