Mushrooms are nutrients loaded fungus and a great addition to a healthy diet—not to mention totally delicious.That too in Purattasi month I always consider mushrooms as an alternative to chicken.You can easily cook some mushroom recipes and manage your irresistible non-veg recipe need . Not only as an alternative, consider adding mushrooms in your diet often as it provides with lean proteins since they have no cholesterol or fat and it boosts the immune system.
I was really bad in cooking especially biriyani recipes.Finally, I got to learn how to make them from my mother in law. She is simply cool in the kitchen which I always admire. Making biriyani is kind of easy for me now and added the recipe to my instant meal list, so why not give it a try and leave your comments.Cook the nutrition rich spicy mushroom biriyani and expect a thumbs up from your family members.
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves : 2 to 3
Recipe Category : Main Course / Rice recipes
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Cleaned Button mushrooms – Sliced
Onion – 1 big chopped lengthwise
Tomato – 1 big sliced
Coriander leaves – small cup
Mint leaves – small cup
Thick curd – 2 tblsp
Giinger Garlic paste – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli powder – 3/4 tblsp
Coriander powder – 1 tblsp
Green chillies – 2
Oil – 2 tblsp
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Water – 4 cups
Salt – to taste
Lemon extract – 1 tblsp
Cardamom – 1 (optional)
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch piece
Bay leaf – 1
Star Anise -1
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the items under ‘to temper’ then onion and saute till its golden brown colour, then add the green chillies without splitting and add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and saute till raw smell leaves and then add sliced tomatoes until raw smell leaves.
- Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, required salt and saute till the masalas are well blended. Then add mushroom and saute for 2 mins until water leaves and it starts softening,do not leave for more time then the mushrooms would get more softer and shrinks. Then add curd(optional).
- Once the masala is nicely blended with the mushrooms , add basmati rice – give a quick stir.
- Then add required water,add the lemon extract and before closing the lid add 1 tblsp ghee for enhancing the taste and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Once pressure releases, mix the rice carefully without breaking the rice.Serve hot with onion raita.Tip :
- Adding lemon makes your cooked rice separated and perfect for biriyani.