Everyone does have a favorite recipe of your Mom’s menu and this Adai Dosa is one of my favorite recipe.When I was kid I love eating the adai even without any side dish like chutney or whatever.Still I love this adai but never gave a try because I thought making it needs a lot more preparation time. But recently I realized its a myth while talking with my mom and making adai is so easy and instant. Planning of 2 to 3 hours before dinner is far enough to prepare this yummy adai .Another interesting fact is, it’s prepared using variety of lentils thus can be given to anyone regardless of age. Let’s start with this amazing recipe.
Prep Time: 15 mins(excluding soaking time)
Cook Time: Less than 5 mins
Yields: 8 to 10 adais
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Batter Ingredients :
Idly Rice – 1/2 cup
Toor dal/ Thuvaram paruppu – 1/2 cup
Bengal gram/channa dal /Kadalai Paruppu- 1/4 cup
Green Moong Dal/ Pachai Payiru – 1/4 cup
Urad dal/ Ulutham Paruppu – 2 tbsp
Red chilli -3
Ginger -1 small bit
Asafoetida/ hing -1/4 tsp
Salt as required
Oil for making adai.
Ingredients to add to the batter :
Onion -2 finely chopped
Coconut – 1 cup of cut pieces
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Drumstick leaves -handful
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Soak rice and dal together for 2- 3 hours and grind it coarsely along with red chillies,ginger and salt.
- The batter consistency should not be thick or watery.NOw add the finely chopped onions, few tender curry leaves, coconut pieces and drumstick leaves to the batter.
- Whole coconut was not available so I added grated frozen coconut but its better to add coconut in tiny cut pieces.Adai batter is now ready and let’s start with the dosa process.
- Heat the dosa tawa and pour a ladle of batter and spread it in circular motion. Remember the adai batter is not so thin like rice dosa batter so dont ty to make it a roast.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the adai and let it get cooked. Once cooked, flip it over to the other side.
- After both sides are cooked well, remove from tawa and serve it hot with chutney or idly podi.
- Adjust the onion and coconut levels according to the batter.
- Drumstick leaves does the magic of adai and it is healthy too so try not to avoid adding it.
Ready to try? Let me know how it came and share your recipe ideas and suggestions with me.
Thanks for reading my blog. I really appreciate your time. If you can also put your comments or subscribe us below, it will be an excellent feedback for us. Please also consider sharing posts of PassionateMoms all it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you! You are awesome!