Chicken fried rice is my all time favorite and I can have that for breakfast, lunch and also for dinner.Whenever I plan to have food on restaurants my only choice is fried rice regardless dine in or take out.
Fried rice is quite an ancient Chinese dish that has been introduced as a way to utilize leftover food stuff.Preparing restaurant style fried rice is one of a kind in which I didn’t have much interest. I love fried rice prepared at street side fast food centers which would be completely spicy.That’s how I developed an interest in preparing this spicy fried rice in a homemade style rather than restaurant style with fewer ingredients on home.
Fried rice is an easy recipe to prepare in about ten minutes but the preparation time is much longer than expected.Yes, it involves separate cooking of all ingredients. Vegetables can be stir-fried separately, then meat may be browned and in the end, all ingredients can be mixed with rice and seasonings. The fun part of this recipe is very colorful and its a great mix of veggies and meat.
Fried rice is quite a nutritive dish with all those veggies and meat, so why should I spoil nutrient fact by adding vinegar or soy sauce.Hence I skipped the sauce adding part however, this fried rice is a super hit in my home.My hubby just indulged in the taste.Let’s get started with the recipe.
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Serves: 1 to 2
Recipe Category: Main Course/Rice Recipes
Boiled Rice – 1 cup leftover (if fresh, add salt while boiling and dry it and keep in fridge for a while)
Fried Chicken-1/4 cup (optional, you can just skip the fried part and add the uncooked chicken pieces)
Carrot – 1/4 cup chopped
Beans – 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum/Green Peppers – 1/4 cup chopped
Cabbage – 1/4 cup chopped
Onion – 1 big chopped
Ginger – small piece chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
Chilly powder – 1/2 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/2 tbsp
Scrambled Egg – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
- Boil the basmati rice adding salt, then dry it and keep in the fridge for a while.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a kadai and add the egg and leave for a while in low flame.Add the required salt and prepare the scrambled egg as we do for egg podimas but without any extra ingredients
- Marinate the chicken pieces with chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper, cumin powder and corn flour and keep aside for 20 minutes.Then fry the chicken as we do for chicken 65.This step is completely optional.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the ginger garlic chopped pieces along with the onion and saute for a while.Now add in the chopped beans and carrot and saute some more minutes until its semi cooked.
- Sprinkle the chilly powder, pepper powder and salt and mix well.Now add the scrambled egg and fried chicken and give a gentle toss.
- Adding fried chicken is optional instead, you can add the chicken pieces directly but allow for the chicken to cook enough.If required pour some water.
- At last, add the chopped capsicum/green peppers and the cabbage with the mixture and check for the salt , add if required and saute for a minute.
- Finally keep the flame on medium and add the boiled rice with the mixture and give a gentle toss without breaking the rice.
That’s It! Fried Chicken Fried rice is ready to be served with tomato sauce.
- Make sure boiled rice is completely dry.Moisture in the rice may interfere with the frying part of the rice.Then fried rice becomes mushy.Do not overcook the rice too.
- Veggies added can be replaced or skipped as per your wish.
- I used kashmiri red Chilly powder that’s why the color resembles shechwan fried rice.However, soon will post that recipe too.
Thanks for stopping by! For more recipes click the below link.